Monday, July 25, 2011

Marshall Faulk Honored Alongside Former High School Coach At New Orleans Sports Hall Of Fame Induction

On the same night that Marshall Faulk is inducted into the Allstate Sugar Bowl Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame, his former coach at Carver High School, Wayne Reese received the coveted Eddie Robinson Award.  During Faulk's speech he gives special tribute to the influence that Coach Reese had upon him. 
Below is the text of Faulk's speech from the article published in The Times Picayune.

Marshall Faulk proud to take stage with his former high school coach, Wayne Reese

"At the time, what was asked of me as a football player, I had no idea," Faulk said. "The sacrifice, making me play different positions, him teaching me the game -- I thought he was just trying to keep me out of trouble by having me come up to Carver at 6 (a.m.) or 7 every morning to clean the boiler room or work out. But I learned that's what it takes to make it in life. So Coach Reese, thank you. I'll forever be indebted to you."
For full article go to:  http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/07/marshall_faulk_honored_by_home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment